Visitation Enforcement

Family Law Attorney in Spring, Texas – 281.810.9760

Visitation agreements created during or after a divorce are an incredibly important tool to help families feel like they are still together to some extent. Children in particular benefit from regular visitation schedules that allow each parent to spend time with them, as the complete division of their household can be traumatizing or limiting to their developing personalities. If your ex-spouse is failing to meet the parental visitation agreement outlined in your divorce decree, it is time to think about enforcing it for your own good and that of your children.

Behaviors that likely constitute a violation of a visitation agreement:

  • Visiting any day not included in the visitation agreement.
  • Intentionally showing up too early or leaving too late from a visitation.
  • Coercing the child to come visit without the custodial parent present.
  • Not participating in scheduled visitation without good reasons given.

The Law Office of Bryan Fagan in Spring can assist you with visitation enforcement cases. Our Texas family lawyers understand the importance of visitation schedules and the sense of togetherness after a divorce they help create. Using our extensive combined legal experience, effective methods of communication, and client-focused approach to casework, we are capable of finding the conclusion that works best for everyone.

Texas Child Visitation Enforcement What to do When Your Child Does Not Want to Visit the Other Parent Enforcement Suits in Texas Family Law, Part Five

We offer complimentary case evaluations. Call 281.810.9760 to schedule yours.

How to Enforce Visitation Schedules in Texas

When your ex-spouse is making your life difficult by ignoring or changing visitation schedules, enforcement might be your only option. Some courts will tell you to first talk to your ex-spouse about the situation, but that could be something that makes you unduly uncomfortable. Your ex-spouse may also simply refuse to cooperate out of post-divorce spite. To avoid unnecessary delays and hardships, we suggest you start out by talking with our Spring divorce attorneys about your options and how divorce decree enforcement works.

Visitation enforcement narrows your legal options due to the fact that your ex-spouse is not withholding money from you. The most likely possibility is you file a contempt of court motion, which notifies the court that your ex-spouse is ignoring a court order intentionally. As being found in contempt of court is technically a crime, the violator could be penalized with fines and jail time. Effectively, the motion is a legal threat that tells the violating parent to start following the visitation schedule immediately, or face serious legal consequences.

Legal Advocates Both In & Out of Court – Call 281.810.9760

Talk to our family lawyers in Spring and Houston about your visitation enforcement case today. We can discuss how to get your ex-spouse to follow the rules of the divorce decree, whether we need to mediate with them or go directly to court for a motion of contempt. Contact our law firm at your first opportunity to begin your case with a free initial consultation.

  • Divorce 101

    Learn the basics of the divorce process with our comprehensive divorce resource center.

    Get Started
  • Child Support 101

    Read more about child support with some of our helpful resources.

    Get Started
  • Custody 101

    Learn more about child custody and how we can help.

    Get Started
  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Our blog features a wealth of knowledge pertaining to some of the most frequently asked family law questions.

    Get Started

Contact Us

Law Office of Bryan Fagan
Spring Divorce Attorney
Located at: 3707 Cypress Creek Parkway,
Suite 400,

Houston, TX 77068
View Map
Phone: (281) 810-9760
Office Hours:
Mon-Fri 8 AM – 6 PM
Saturday- By Appointment Only
© 2018 All Rights Reserved.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.