Kimberly Player Washington
Attorney / Mediator
Kimberly Player Washington is a family law attorney who joined the firm in 2015. After beginning her legal career in the areas of family law and general civil representation, Kimberly worked as a legal consultant for Hewlett-Packard. She changed her practice focus when she realized that what she valued most about legal work was the ability to help people in their times of need. Today, she draws upon her extensive legal background to assist clients with a broad range of family-related legal matters. She is particularly passionate about helping parents protect their relationships with their children and make important decisions with their children’s long-term best interests in mind.
A significant portion of Kimberly’s practice is devoted to representing clients in divorces and related matters. This includes representing clients at all stages of the divorce process, from pre-divorce planning through informal settlement negotiations, court-ordered mediation, and, when necessary, litigation in court. Kimberly also represents clients in post-divorce enforcement matters (such as enforcement of parents’ rights to visitation and child support), and she has helped many clients overcome challenging issues related to property distribution, financial support and parental rights.
Kimberly represents clients outside of the divorce context as well. She has helped protect mothers’ and fathers’ rights in adoption and conservatorship proceedings, and she has handled numerous cases involving the custody rights of unmarried parents. She also represents parents and other family members regarding a broad range of other family-related legal issues. Whether Kimberly is drafting a prenuptial agreement, helping to establish paternity or simply helping a client better understand his or her circumstances, she takes the same personal, compassionate and strategic approach regardless of the specific issues involved.
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Child Custody
- Mothers’ Rights
- Parental Visitation
- Paternity Actions
- Child Support
- Family Law
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Divorce Decree Enforcements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Uncontested Divorce
- Texas, 2008
- Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, J.D., 2008, Cum Laude
- Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College at Baton Rouge, B.A., 2004, Summa Cum Laude, Student Marshall
- Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Represented non-biological father in a divorce where client and spouse had joint conservatorship of children in anticipation of adoption but got divorced prior to adopting. Also represented client in subsequent custody matter involving the children’s biological parents and the non-biological mother, resulting in award of primary custody for her client.
- Represented numerous clients in court-ordered mediation and court hearings in complex and high-conflict divorces.
- Represented numerous clients in the completion of amicable and uncontested divorces involving community property distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody and visitation.
Like many of her clients, Kimberly balances her career with her life as a mom and wife. With two boys, Kimberly is a “team mom” for football, and she spends many nights and weekends watching her sons’ practices and games. She enjoys traveling with her family and she cooks with her boys whenever she can.