Government Resources in Tomball

Government Resources in Tomball

When it comes to utilities for homeowners, the Tomball area is served by several Municipal Utility Districts or MUDs. A MUD is a type of special district that functions as an independent, limited government. MUDs are designed to be able to provide a develop an alternate way to build enough capital to build water infrastructure and begin projects. Drainage, road facilities, sewer and water projects are all covered under MUD projects. MUDs pay developers to create projects in the specific district in question. Fees are collected in under to fund those bonds and pay the developer back. Tomball is served by several MUDs.

When it comes to electricity Discount Power, Reliant and CenterPoint are among the companies that you need to be aware of. If purchasing a home in Tomball, you should coordinate with the prior homeowner to determine when you need to turn service on once he or she turns service off under their name. Doing so will ensure that you do not have power, natural gas or water shut off to your home. Each company has a local office where you can drop off a check if immediate payment is needed to ensure continuous service.

There is one Social Security office in areas around Tomball that is your “home” office. The office location is in Conroe, TX. If you ever need to go to the office in person, you can drive east on Grand Parkway, exit Interstate 45 North, and arrive in Conroe in approximately 20 minutes. The address for that office is 600 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. North, Conroe, TX 77304. If you are a veteran then you need to know that the VA hospital is in Tomball proper, downtown. The address is 1200 W. Main St., Tomball, TX 77375.

Updating your driver’s license is one of the first things that you need to do after you move to Tomball. The Texas Department of Public Safety has a “Mega-Center” office located off Kuykendahl Road in nearby Spring, TX. This is less than a ten-minute drive from downtown Tomball and is located at 4740 Spring Cypress Road #10, Spring, TX 77379.

Finally, when moving even a short distance you need to update your address for voter registration purposes. Even if you will still be voting in the same district for one political office does not mean that you will be doing so for all offices including state representative and senator. VoteTexas.org is the place to go to update your registration. A new voter registration card will be mailed to you about one month after you update your information. In the meantime, you can still vote in your prior area/district’s elections if you would like.

Our e-books

Which E-Book would you like to receive?

Our blog

Stay updated with timely & relevant news.

Receive our newsletter

Sign up to receive your monthly copy.

Contact Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC Today!

At the Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC, the firm wants to get to know your case before they commit to work with you. They offer all potential clients a no-obligation, free consultation where you can discuss your case under the client-attorney privilege. This means that everything you say will be kept private and the firm will respectfully advise you at no charge. You can learn more about Texas divorce law and get a good idea of how you want to proceed with your case.

Office Hours

Mon-Fri: 8 AM – 6 PM Saturday: By Appointment Only

"(Required)" indicates required fields