Huffman Family Lawyer
Uncompromising Advocacy in Good Times and Bad
Nothing is more important than family, so when times get tough, you surely want to resolve your situation as efficiently and carefully as possible. You may feel a massive weight on your shoulders as you think about how you’re going to balance the best interests of you and your loved ones during this difficult time, but allow our Huffman family law attorney to help lift that weight off your shoulders and restore your peace of mind. Whether you’re going through a divorce, fighting for custody of your children, or planning the administration of your estate, know that The Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC is here to help.
Our firm brings a broad range of unique advantages to the table, distinguishing our legal team from the rest. We are sensitive to the fact that you are trusting us to handle your personal family issues, and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Your situation is serious, which is why we will treat your family’s legal matter as if it were our own. To us, you’re not just a case number.
Wait no longer to get effective legal solutions from our Huffman family law attorney. Get in touch with us online or at (281) 810-9760 to get started!
Types of Family Legal Matters We Handle
Our firm knows that family issues are boundless. For these reasons, we serve clients in an extensive range of legal capacities pertaining to family law because we know that family comes first. As such, you can come to us for all your family legal issues, including but not limited to:
Divorce: Divorce is a sensitive situation for all parties involved. We know the stakes are high, but nothing will stand in our way as we work towards the best possible outcome in your divorce. We can help you overcome any of the following divorces.
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- High net worth divorce
- Common law divorce
- Dentist divorce
- Physicians divorce
- Gray divorce
- Collaborative divorce
- International divorce
- Our-of-state divorce
- Military divorce
Child custody: Texas refers to custody as “conservatorship,” meaning the custodial parent is known as a “conservator.” A parent may be granted managing or possessory conservatorship, which include responsibilities as a sole or joint managing conservator.
Child support: The noncustodial parent must make monthly payments set at a fixed amount to help the custodial parent provide for the children. Child support accounts for the child’s basic necessities, such as food, clothing, and shelter.
Property division enforcement: If you suspect your spouse has violated your divorce decree’s provisions, then we encourage you to reach out to our attorney to help you file an enforcement motion.
Alimony and spousal support: Alimony, also known as spousal maintenance, is paid to a spouse during a divorce to help them financially recover. Spousal support, in contrast, is regular, court-ordered payments that help support a spouse after the divorce.
Domestic violence: When domestic violence becomes an issue during a divorce proceeding, all parties involved can suffer. Whether you are accused of domestic violence or a victim of this crime, you should retain powerhouse representation right away. A domestic violence accusation can have a major impact on your divorce, so it’s in your best interests to retain an attorney who can help you resolve your matter.
Mediation: Mediation is a popular and arguably more effective alternative to litigation. Besides saving time and money going to court, mediation allows spouses to form mutually agreeable arrangements on their own terms, according to what they think is fair. Mediation works for spouses who can get along but is not recommended for spouses who have a general imbalance in their relationship.
Mother’s rights: Although the odds seem to be in the mothers’ favors when it comes to custody rights, the bottom line is that a judge will determine what is in the child’s best interests first and foremost. A divorce doesn’t automatically grant a mother custody rights, but our lawyer can work towards that outcome in your case.
Father’s rights: Just as the odds seem to be in the mother’s favor during divorces, the odds also appear to be stacked against the father. Fathers tend to feel “cheated” out of their custody rights solely because of their sex, which is why we will fight for equal treatment under the law for clients in this position.
Visitation modification: Circumstances in life change, calling for a modification in visitation schedules as well. Whether you got a new job, moved to a new city, or experienced other significant events, we are here to help.
Relocation: Thinking of moving out of state? Is your ex planning to move far away? Whatever side you stand, we can help.
Temporary orders: Temporary orders help resolve a number of issues that occur during divorce, such as property division, domestic violence, and spousal support. If you are experiencing an issue like these, we may be able to help you obtain a temporary order.
Prenuptial agreements: There is a stigma surrounding prenuptial agreements, or “prenups,” because couples tend to think prenups demonstrate a lack of trust in the marriage. We challenge you to think otherwise, as prenups simply establish who owns what. If the marriage were to end, a prenup could save spouses a substantial amount of time and money.
Postnuptial agreements: Just as prenups are drafted before the marriage, postnuptial agreements are drafted after the marriage has begun. Spouses may acquire more assets, have children, or start a new business, calling for a postnuptial agreement to help account for these changes should the marriage end prematurely.
Estate Planning Services in Huffman
Estate planning is the process of outlining who gets what assets and when after you die. No one likes to think about their death, but estate planning is a critical tool if you want to protect your hard-earned assets. It is also effective in the event that you become incapacitated and can no longer make decisions about your health, home, and finances. That being said, our Huffman attorney provides a comprehensive range of estate planning services that are customized to your individual needs and family dynamics. Every detail counts, so you can rest assured that no stone will be left unturned in your case.
- Asset protection and business planning: You want to protect your business and personal assets from harassing creditors, which is what we’re here to help with.
- Elder law and Medicaid: Our lawyer can help you or a loved one resolve issues concerning Medicaid eligibility, retirement, income security, and long-term care planning.
- Family-owned businesses and farms: This service is important for protecting your family business or family farm from instances like lawsuits or unexpected deaths, as you want to keep your hard-earned wealth within your family.
- Incapacity planning: Unfortunately, life can throw unexpected curveballs, which is why incapacity planning exists. If you are unable to make your own decisions, incapacity planning will help address your healthcare, end-of-life care, finances, assets, and more.
- Retirement planning: Prepare for the future with our IRA and retirement planning services if you want to establish a solid plan of action for financial stability when you are no longer working.
- Legacy planning: This type of planning incorporates key documents such as wills and testaments, estate plans and trusts, life insurance, IRAs, and more.
- LGBTQ estate planning: Although same-sex marriage has been legal since 2015, discrimination against these communities remains. Estate planning for LGBTQ couples is especially important if they are not married. As such, we encourage you begin planning for the future today.
- Trust administration and probate legal services: When a loved one dies and leaves behind an estate plan, you may have to go through the probate process to administer the deceased person’s property and assets, pay their debt, and collect inventory. We can help with this process every step of the way.
What We Bring to the Table
The Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC does not settle for less than what clients need and deserve. Whether you’re experiencing a family legal issue or want to plan for the future, we are here to help. Choosing a lawyer to handle your personal family matters is no simple decision, so we encourage you to choose wisely by retaining our Huffman family law attorney today. What distinguishes our firm from the rest? See below:
- 24/7 availability
- No hidden fees or charges
- Responsive and friendly client support team
- Direct access to our family lawyer
- Attorney Fagan is an elected member of the College of the State Bar of Texas, which is awarded to less than 10% of all lawyers in the state
- Free consultations
- Complimentary e-book resources written by our team
We welcome you to contact our firm online or at (281) 810-9760 to get started today!