Galveston County Court No. 1
600 59th Street Suite 2304 Galveston, Texas 77551-4180
Judge John Grady
(No Picture publicly available)
- 2010-2014, 2014-2018, 2018-2022
- Defeated Mary Nell Crapitto in 2014.
- Juris Doctor from Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law 1977
- Private Practice – Law Offices of Vargas-Grady & Grady
- Chief of Misdemeanor Division – Brazoria County District Attorney’s Office
- Probation Officer – Harris County Community Supervision & Corrections Dept.
Four courts have jurisdiction to hear family law cases in Galveston County: 50% of family cases are assigned to the 306th Family District Court (Judge Darring) and the other 50% are divided equally between the three County Courts at Law (No. 1—Judge Grady, No. 2—Judge Roberts, No. 3—Judge Ewing).
Associate Judge Stephen Baker: All four family courts share one full-time Family Associate Judge on the 3rd floor. Judge Baker hears almost all hearings on temporary orders, protective orders, enforcements, discovery motions and most ancillary matters for all courts including discovery motions and temporary orders. Judge Baker has served as the Associate Judge for Galveston County since 2001.
- Bachelor of Arts Political Science and Business from Stephen F. Austin University 1974
- Juris Doctor from South Texas College of law 1977
- Municipal Judge – LaMarque, Texas 1987-2020
For more information about this court and other courts around the Greater Houston Metropolitan area, please contact:
Law Clerk at Law Office of Bryan Fagan PLLC