5 Costly Mistakes to Avoid While Getting a Divorce!
Learn How to Use Estate Planning Tools to Protect Your Children and Assets!
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
@ 7:00 PM
Estate Planning for Divorcees Webinar
Presented/Hosted by Attorney Stacie Moss
Co-host Attorney Megone Trewick will be available for a Q&A
The divorce process can be stressful and unpredictable, but that doesn’t mean we’re unable to prepare for whatever it could bring. With the help of Attorney Megone Trewick, you can plan for any scenario that your divorce presents through thoughtful estate planning.
Join us on Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at 07:00 PM CST for a FREE 60-minute webinar! Throughout the event, Megone will delve into the different estate plan strategies that we can implement while going through your divorce to document your wishes, prepare for your future, and protect your peace of mind.
Attendees will learn:
- How to avoid the 5 costly Estate Planning Mistakes people make when divorcing
- Easy strategies to protect your assets from being seized by your soon-to-be ex-spouse’s creditors or the IRS
- How to make an Estate Plan that can protect your children's estate if you pass away during the divorce
- How to use Estate Planning tools to get more out of your child support payments without jeopardizing your Special Needs Child’s eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Draft an estate plan while divorcing that can protect your children if they need a guardian
- How to continue your divorce if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process.
- How to lower your estate taxes and how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes after your passing.
- How to qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which can average over $7,000 monthly.
- The advantages and disadvantages of both wills and trusts.
What’s more, attendees who stay for the entirety of the event will be gifted a FREE one-hour virtual consultation – a $400 value! During this one-on-one call, we can dive in even deeper and lay the groundwork for a personalized estate plan that protects your assets and achieves your goals.
Going through a divorce is not easy. It is unpredictable and we can’t know for sure what the future holds. As you continue on in these uncertain times, it’s more important than ever to ensure you have a current and comprehensive estate plan that protects you and your family.
Fill out the information below to receive instructions on how to join us for this free one-hour estate planning event! Be sure to include the names of all participants you plan to watch the webinar with. We hope to see you there!
Please note, we will send one Zoom link per completed registration so that all members of the same party may join from the same device.
If your party plans to attend from separate devices, kindly submit individual registration forms to ensure that all members of your party receive the proper link.