Houston Military Divorce
The Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC Can Assist You
Are you a military servicemember facing a divorce? Or the spouse of a servicemember ready to dissolve your marriage? Military divorce can be considerably different than civilian divorce and it is always recommended that both spouses seek counsel familiar with the unique protocols and concerns inherent to this legal process.
At the Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC, our experienced team of Houston attorneys is well-versed in the challenges of military divorce. For both the servicemember and their spouse, it is critical that their interests are spoken for and that the future well-being of them and their family is protected both in and outside the courtroom.
Get years of family law experience by your side during this difficult time.
Call our offices at (281) 810-9760 today.
Why Military Divorce Is Different
All of the factors that need to be parsed in a civilian divorce also need to be addressed in a military divorce. However, because one or both spouses serve in the military, there are added considerations to this process that must be confronted in order to fairly dissolve the marriage.
These considerations include:
- Where to file : If the spouses are separated due to military service, they must usually file for divorce in the state where the servicemember lives.
- Child Custod : For members of the military, reassignments and deployments could be a significant part of their service. This can make child custody and visitation particularly challenging.
- Military Benefits : Medical and pension benefits provided by the military can be divided during the divorce process. While state laws often address this division, there some considerations that must be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Alimony and Child Support : Military servicemembers are held to high standards when it comes post-divorce financial responsibilities—but many of them also face unique challenges, such as deployment. Calculating income and living expenses is also substantially different for military personnel.
- Military Divorces in Texas
- How to Divorce a Spouse in the Military
- Texas Statute Aids Military Personnel and Their Spouses in Filing for Divorce
No matter what side of the aisle you’re on when it comes to a military divorce, capable, vigilant counsel is always highly advised. For more information on your military divorce and how our firm can assist you, contact us today.
Use our online form to submit your information and request a free case evaluation with our team today.