Book an appointment using SetMore

Visitation Modification

Kind, Fast-Acting Family Lawyers in Houston, TX

Our team understands that family matters are sensitive, personal, and merit our full time and attention. As a parent facing a visitation conflict or change, you could probably use a helping hand and the stable, trustworthy counsel of an experienced legal advisor. That’s where the Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC comes in.

We provide all of our clients with personalized, face-to-face service, and we take the time to listen and understand your family dilemma. The court system may be jam-packed and slow-moving, but we are willing to work hard to make your visitation modification requests heard so that you can get the answers you need as soon as possible. If you are interested in modifying your visitation agreement, speak to one of our Houston family law attorneys right away.

Schedule a Free Consultation

Can I Change My Visitation Agreement?

Yes. However, modifying your visitation agreement requires court approval, and you can’t make changes for just any reason. You may be able to successfully alter your agreement if any of the following are true:

  • Your circumstances or those of the other parent have changed significantly since the original visitation order was issued or last changed.
  • Your child is 12 or older and is willing to personally speak with a judge to tell them that they want them to change the visitation orders.
  • The custodial parent has voluntarily relinquished their parental responsibilities to someone else for more than 6 months.

If any of these describe your circumstances, our Houston family lawyers may be able to help you get your modification orders adjusted to that they are fair and beneficial to you and your child. In the meantime, keep in mind that you are legally obligated to fulfill the terms of your visitation agreement until and unless permitted by the court. Military families may have unique challenges when seeking to change a visitation agreement.

Contact us today to speak to a Houston family lawyer about modifying your visitation orders.

FREE Visitation Modification E-Book

Contact Us

The First Step is Starting the Conversation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.