Gestational Agreements in Houston
Bringing Your Family Together
Having a child can bring unexpected joy to your home and marriage, yet for some couples, there can be medical or biological challenges that can make getting pregnant difficult. In these situations, you may opt to have a gestational mother serve as a surrogate.
A gestational mother differs from a surrogate mother as with surrogate pregnancies, the potential mother contributes her eggs and is genetically linked to the child. Gestational mothers bear a child for another women who has not provided her eggs or genetic material. At The Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC, our Houston family law lawyers have experience working with gestational agreements and have the foresight and compassion necessary to provide to assist you.
The benefits of gestational agreements include:
- Possible compensation for the surrogate
- They are both valid and enforceable in the state of Texas
- No adoption or other legal documentation following the birth of the child
- The intended parents of are recognized as the legal guardians of the child
- Fathers' Rights: Children Born Out of Wedlock in Texas?
- Challenging a paternity finding in Texas
Should I Contact an Attorney?
In the state of Texas, we have “gestational agreements” which protect both potential parents and the gestational mother. Essentially, these agreements were enacted to protect both parties as it clearly outlines the rights and expectations of each party. If you are considering having a gestational agreement drafted, it is vital that you reach out to one of our seasoned Houston family law attorneys at The Law Office of Bryan Fagan, PLLC so that we can make sure that your agreement is legally sound.
Because these agreements are only available in Texas, there are specific procedures that need to be followed in order to ensure your agreement is valid, which is why it is of the utmost importance that you have a legal representative on your side.
Set up an appointment with our Houston family law attorneys by contacting our firm at (281) 810-9760!
- ADOPTION ATTORNEY,
- egg donor,
- Family Law,
- family law attorney,
- family law blog,
- Family Law Consultation,
- Gestational Agreement,
- gestational agreement lawyer,
- gestational mother,
- home study,
- Houston Adoption Attorney,
- Humble Adoption Attorney,
- Kingwood Adoption Attorney,
- same sex divorce,
- same sex divorce lawyer,
- same sex family law attorney,
- same sex marriage,
- sperm donor,
- Spring Adoption Attorney,
- step parent adoption,
- Surrogacy agreement,
- Surrogacy agreement attorney,
- Texas Adoption Attorney